Social media can be one of the important ways to interact and exchange ideas or views with people from all around the world. Unfortunately, it can also be a place where undesirable commentators bombard you with unhelpful, and unpleasant, abusive content or remarks. There’s no need to delete your account for such reasons, as Facebook includes a feature that will silence those voices forever from your wall and here we’ll explain how to block someone on Facebook.
Of course if you do think that life would be better without your profile, follow our guide on How to delete Facebook.
How to block someone on Facebook?
If you are using Facebook through a web browser, then this is how to rid yourself of these troublesome peeps. When you block someone they will no longer be able to do things such as tag you or see things you post on your timeline. Steps to block someone on Facebook:
- Open the browser and navigate to the Facebook login page.
- Once you’ve logged in, look for a down arrow. This will be in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Privacy and tap Blocking on the left hand side of the screen.
- Enter the person’s name and tap Block.
- On the search results page that appears, find the person you want to block and tap Block.
- Once again you have to tap Block to confirm the person you want to block.
If you can’t find someone using this method, try going to the person’s profile and selecting Block from the more options menu.
Note: When you unblock someone, you won’t automatically be friends again. If you block a friend and then unblock them, you’ll need to send them a new friend request.
What exactly happens when I block someone?
When you block someone, they won’t be able to:
- See things you post on your profile.
- Tag you in posts, comments or photos.
- Invite you to events or groups.
- Start a conversation with you.
- Add you as a friend.
In case, you need any help while blocking or unblocking any of your friend or unwanted users. Dial Facebook Help Number for the instant help from the experts.
Learn more: How to unblock someone on Facebook?